What is Glass-Fused-to-Steel?
Glass-Fused-to-Steel is a unique tank finish. Two materials are fused together to achieve the best properties of both – the strength and flexibility of steel combined with the corrosion resistance of glass. Applied to both interior and exterior surfaces, Glass-Fused-to-Steel is able to provide many years of trouble free service in harsh environments. This system has been proven over many decades on thousands of installations, and is supported by International Standards which cover the design and finish requirements:
- International Quality Management Standard – ISO 9001:2008 accreditation of quality standards to guarantee Customer satisfaction.
- International Standards – Permastore’s quality systems ensure that products meet or exceed the requirements of EN ISO 28765:2011*, AWWA D103-09, EEA 7.20, 7.24 and 7.25 amongst others. PERMASTORE® structures are engineered with a predicted minimum 30-year design life in accordance with the requirements of ISO 15686-1:2011, ISO 15686-2:2012 and ISO 15686-3:2002 which provide the framework for determining and planning a service life of up to 50 years.
- International Bodies – Permastore Quality Standards and product testing are independently audited by MPA NRW. Certified to NSF/ANSI 61. Approved by the UK Secretary of State under Regulation 31 for drinking water and listed by DWI (Drinking Water Inspectorate) in its List of Approved Products.
- CE Marking – Permastore holds CE Marking accreditation for the design and manufacture of storage tanks and associated steelwork.
- Never needs painting
- Lowest maintenance requirements over tank life
- Greater lifetime value than welded or factory painted tanks
- Faster construction than concrete and welded tanks
- Expandable to accommodate future capacity requirements
The modular bolted tank construction principal allows the ‘factory quality’ finished panels to be economically shipped to site and erected within very tight timescales to meet customer requirements.